Do you want faster and more frequent bus and streetcar service in New Orleans?
One of the easiest solutions is simply to give our buses and streetcars priority access on key roads – to give transit the green light!
Join us for an educational forum on strategies to make transit service faster, more frequent, and reliable. We’ll highlight priority features like transit dedicated lanes, traffic signal prioritization, bus queue jumps, and other infrastructure improvements. And our panel of local policy leaders will discuss the challenges and opportunities that come with each of these strategies.
April 2nd at the Jung Hotel, 1500 Canal St., from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. Light snacks will be provided.
Ride New Orleans educational forum on strategies to make transit service faster, more frequent, and more reliable. We’ll give you the rundown on priority features like dedicated lanes for buses and streetcars, programming traffic lights so transit doesn't get stuck at the red, bus queue jumps at busy intersections, and other infrastructure improvements. Then our panel of policy experts will discuss the challenges and opportunities with each of these strategies and dive into the local context.
- Garakhalli Mohan PE, PTOE, PTP; Traffic Group Manager, AECOM
- Justin Augustine; Vice President, Transdev Services, Inc.
- Dwight Norton; Urban Mobility Coordinator, City of New Orleans
- Jason Sappington; Principal Planner, Regional Planning Commission
- Kurt Weigle, President and CEO, Downtown Development District (moderator)
Special thanks to our co-sponsors!
- Downtown Development District
- GNO, Inc.
- Jung Hotel
Please RSVP and let us know you're coming!
1500 Canal St
New Orleans , LA 70112
Google map and directions